Start With The Outside
- Check your roof and gutters, they need to be in top shape. Make sure none are missing and they are not broken so it won’t leak and cause water damage to your home.
- If you have a fireplace a chimney sweep should clean the chimney and ensure the flue functions properly.
- Seal exposed entry points around pipes.
- Replace cracked glass in windows.
- Switch out summer screens with glass replacements.
Inside Your Home
- Central heating vents must be dusted with a vacuum.
- Weatherproof your windows.
- Replace your air filters.
- Install weather striping to the sides and bottoms of exterior doors.
- Have your furnace inspected.