Hooray for fall! What’s not to love about this season? There’s Friday night football, colorful leaves, and – of course – all of our favorite autumn recipes. Pumpkins, apples, maple syrup and more are some great fall ingredients that you can include to make some delicious fall dishes. We’ve gathered a few of them below to get you in that autumn mood – check them out and get cooking!
Here are our top 10 favorite fall recipes:
- Curried Butternut and Red Lentil Soup – As the days cool down, this thick and spicy soup will warm you and your family back up. Best of all, it’s ready fast! Perfect for an on-the-go family.
- Rosemary Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes – Need something hearty to put in your crock pot? This delicious pot roast can be made the night before or in the morning to cook throughout the day, and will be ready by the time you get home from work.
- Pumpkin Oatmeal – If your kids need a boost to get out of bed in the morning, try surprising them with this warm, filling breakfast! This recipe is easy and quick, perfect for a fast and healthy morning meal.
- Spicy Creamed Corn – Use the sweet corn from the farmer’s market for this delicious side dish that your family will love! Spice up regular corn with jalapeno for your next meal.
- Savory Baked Apples – Apples are more than just dessert and snacks. Next time you go apple picking, try out this savory yet sweet recipe for a nice change in flavor.
- Fall Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette – Want to add some fall flavor to your lunch or salad course? This tasty salad combines several favorite seasonal ingredients such as Gorgonzola cheese, walnuts, pears and the cranberry dressing to make a lovely dish.
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili – What’s better in fall weather than warm and comforting chili? This variation uses sweet potatoes to create a unique and yummy meal that the whole family will enjoy.
- Maple Pecan Bars – We love using fresh maple syrup to bake. With crunchy pecans, these bars will be a hit with your family!
- Pumpkin Bread – You’ve carved your pumpkins, now it’s time to turn their insides into a delicious treat! Try this bread with some delicious maple butter for dessert.
- Apple Crisp – Another fall dessert favorite, this apple crisp perfectly captures the flavor of freshly-picked apples. Add a scoop of ice cream for the perfect finish to your meal.
What are your favorite recipe to make in the fall season? Tell us in the comments below!