Five Reasons To Buy A Home- Are you thinking of taking the step of purchasing a home, but still hesitant? Ever since the real estate downturn people have been nervous about making the big purchase, but there are things that you should think about before you rule it out. Do the inconveniences of renting weigh out the benefits? If so, it might be time to talk to a realtor and seriously consider looking into home ownership. When you purchase your own home, you gain independence and can make all kinds of decisions for yourself, and you invest in what is yours.
Here are five reasons to buy a home:
- It’s an investment in your future. All that money you were putting toward rent? Instead of losing it, you’re putting it toward yourself. It can be financially smart to own your own home instead of shelling out big bucks each month.
- It’s tax deductible. This is a definite benefit to owning a home instead of renting. You can often deduct the interest from your mortgage loan on federal taxes, as well as property taxes. This will add up over your lifetime.
- You gain independence. Instead of living in a crowded, noisy apartment complex you can have your own space. You also can make more personal choices when it comes to decorating, owning a pet, etc. without having to answer to anyone.
- You are your own landlord. By owning your home, you won’t have to worry about an unexpected eviction due to a landlord selling the home or ending the contract.
- Your home is truly yours. When you buy a house, you are creating a permanent home instead of a temporary place to live.